E/T Light Software Version 8 Configuration Instructions. There are two versions, “Verson 8 IR” is for units having the infrared (IR/Red/Green/Blue) LED’s, while “Version 8 A” is for units having no IR LED, (Red/Yellow/Green/Blue).
- ON – Press and release button till you arrive at desired color/flash pattern. (R/Y/G/B or IR/R/G/B)
- Press and hold button down for 3 seconds (3 Second Rule)
- Note – (R/Y/G/B) E/T Lights will LOCK in your color selection once the selection has been left on for over 3 seconds. You will NOT be able to change the locked selection or turn it off by clicking the switch. To UNLOCK, turn off (3 Second Rule). (Note you can reprogram V6.8A and V6.8IR to have the LOCK feature activated or not activate.)
Reprogram sequence, only for version 8A and 8IR:
- Hold switch down until you see the LED’s flash twirl on very fast (Aprox. 8 seconds), DO NOT look away or you will miss the flash twirl. (The LED flash twirl is how the E/T Light advises you it is ready to receive your input.)
- RELEASE the switch and within 2 seconds of seeing the LED’s flash twirl start clicking the switch, click once for mode 1, click twice for mode 2, click three times for mode 3, etc….
- When you get to the mode you desire, HOLD the switch down until you see the green LED flash. (By holding the switch down you are telling the software this is the program I want.) Ex. if you want mode 7 you click seven times and hold the switch down on the seventh click till you see the green LED flash.
- When Green LED flashes release the switch. (The green light tells you it has the new mode in active memory.)
- If at any time you see the red LED flash fast, the E/T Light is telling you START OVER (it did not understand your instructions and kept the last program in memory.). Turn the E/T Light OFF (3 Second Rule) and start the reprogramming sequence.
Video instruction on changing the modes in general, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FERY119caxY
- Mode 1 : (MUCC, Medic) Red constant, Yellow constant, Green constant, Blue constant, G/B at same time constant, off.
- Mode 2 : Red constant, Red flashing, Yellow constant, Yellow flashing, Green constant, Green flashing, Blue constant, Blue flashing, G/B at same time constant and G/B flashing together, off.
- Mode 3 : Red constant, Red flashing, Yellow constant, Yellow flashing, Green constant, Green flashing, Blue constant, Blue flashing G/B at same time constant and G/B flashing together, all four colors rotating slow, all for colors rotating medium, all four colors rotating fast, off. (Default)
- Mode 4 : Dual Color Selections mode – R/B alternating, R/B constant, R/Y alternating, R/Y constant, R/G alternating, R/G constant, Y/B alternating, Y/B constant, Y/G alternating, Y/G constant, G/B alternating, G/B constant, all four on flashing together, all four on constant, all four rotating at medium speed, off.
- Mode 5 : Navy Carrier Mode- Red, red flashing, yellow, yellow flashing, green, green flashing, blue, blue flashing, G/B at same time, G/B flashing at same time, G/B at same time, R/B flashing together, R/Y at same time, R/Y flashing together, all four on at once, off.
- Mode 6 : Responder ID mode – R/B alternating, R/B flash together, R/B constant, R/Y alternating, R/Y flash together, R/Y constant, R/G alternating, R/G flash together, R/G constant, G/B alternating, G/B flash together, G/B constant, The next three are the rotating selections, off
- Mode 7 : Decon scenario mode – Red constant, Red flashing slow, Red flashing fast, Yellow constant, Yellow flashing slow, Yellow flashing fast, Green constant, Green flashing slow, Green flashing fast, Blue constant, Blue flashing slow, Blue flashing fast, G/B both constant, G/B flashing together slow, G/B flashing together fast, off.
- Mode 8-14 : Modes 8 through 14 are same as above but with locking feature activated.
- Mode 15 : Grenade mode, light has a delay and will activate 2 seconds after the button is pressed. The lights will twirl all four colors at a fast rate for 2 seconds and then turn off.